Friday, January 2, 2009

DANC 151

So, I'm all registered for classes in the spring, and most of my classes are things like Medicinal Microbiology, Physics II, Abnormal Psychology, Organic Chemistry, and various labs, BUT, I am taking one class that I am very excited about.  That class is DANC 151.  To give you a hint about what this class is all about, here is a picture clue.  


Yes, I am taking Introduction to Ballet I.  (Don't worry, I forced CDM to take it with me, so I won't look like a total fool)  This class, obviously, is an intro to basic ballet and basic ballet terms.  It meets twice a week for an hour and fifteen minutes and I am SO excited about it.  I haven't taken ballet since second grade, and basically all I know is a plie' and the five positions, and even with those, I only know the feet, not the arms.  I am basically hoping that this class will be good cross training for the 5k I want to run and a good cardio workout.  If I like this class, I'm definitely going to take another class like this over the summer during Physiology.  I am also hoping that my schedule over the next couple years in pharmacy school will give me enough free time to be able to keep taking dance classes.  


Another reason I am taking this class is that I am getting 2 credit hours for this class, and they are graded (easy A!) and it is a great way to have accountability for an exercise program.  What better accountability than a grade?   Anyway, once the semester starts (January 20th) I am going to start a sidebar with what we're doing in class and maybe some posts about what we're learning.  I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment