Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Packing List

St. Louis Country Club

So, this week I've been packing.  And planning.  And making sure that our directions to St. Louis will be accurate so that we can see SLG for her debut into society.  I just talked to my darling friend CDM, who was my roommate freshman year, and she told me that SLG's parents are not only taking us to lunch at the country club and dinner out, BUT, they are also throwing a cocktail party for us so that their friends and all of SLG's friends can meet us!  How fantastic are they?  Also, we will get to see sweet Zazie (SLG's rescued American Bulldog) who we spent all summer with.  We moved up our departure time to six in the morning (ACK!) , and it looks like I will be the one driving (yuck), but it will all be ok, and we are taking this little beauty to make me happy!



CDM, DMB, and I also picked up some gifts for our lovely hosts.  A few McCarty pieces for SLG's mother, and a Vineyard Vines tie with our college mascot for her father.  They are so sweet for having us all come up that we thought we should get them something special.



Anyway, I am working on getting my excel packing list all typed up so that I can start packing.  Then tomorrow, I can hopefully get most everything packed up before I go for my facial and eyebrow wax in the afternoon.  I know this seems way early, but I have to work all day on Thursday, and then when I get off work, CDM and I are going to get manis/pedis.  I'm so ready for a little R&R.  My to do list is getting bigger everyday I feel like, and I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy this fabulous weekend.  I'll update later!


No comments:

Post a Comment