Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm worried this is too serious for the blog...

So, as you all know, I am a sophomore in college and I am studying pharmacy.  The administrators in the school of pharmacy have not been so nice to my class ( I did an Early Entry program, if any one has questions about this type of program, PLEASE email me at pearlsandpeeps AT gmail DOT com).  We've been lied to, had our scholarships cut, taken more classes per semester than any other class, etc.  Well, on Monday, we found out that we're graduating with our Bachelor's in Pharmaceutical Science in May 2010 (ONE YEAR!).  This sounds like a good thing, but it's not.  Why? Because we become graduate students and lose our scholarships (more than 14K a year for me) and girls in sororities are cheated out of a year because of national rules requiring graduate students to pass to alumni status.  And here's the thing, it wouldn't even bother me so much, except we still have to stay at our school's main campus for another year after we graduate instead of moving on to the medical center.  We're stuck as seniors (in age) but as graduate students (in tuition, scholarships, and sororities).  I know it will all work out in the end, but seriously, this is SO annoying to me and to a lot of other people in our class.

Oh, and in addition, I will not be able to graduate from my fabulous Honor's College because there is no way I can do research, write a thesis about it, and defend it before next May because we are being required to take a class all summer.

I know I am complaining here, but this is really not what I signed up for.  It's ok.  It will all work out, but it is just terrible to be lied to like this.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment