Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Guess What I Picked Up Today!


I am lucky enough to have one of these about an hour from where I live and go to school. This is perfect for me because I am an active wear snob. Not so much when I actually go to the gym, but more for when I am running around town or going to class. Nike is where it is at. These clearance stores have the BEST deals if you are willing to look for them.  

I am a big fan of Nike Tempo running shorts.  I'm sure you've seen them before, they are worn almost exclusively at my university, and for good reason.  They are so comfy and they look good on a variety of shapes.  I am tall and thin, but shorts look awesome on my shorter friends too.  They are also insanely comfortable.  They also come in lots of colors, so you can always look sunny and happy in class.  Another thing that I like about these shorts is that I can wear a variety of sizes (XS - M) and they still look good, the only difference is length (I most often buy the medium because if I wear shorts that are too short I look like quite the harlot).  I usually go for the darker colors because they hide stains better (I can definitely be a clutz), but I do have some of the lighter pairs.  The one problem with these shorts is that they are expensive for shorts ($30 a pair!).  I refuse to pay this much for a single pair of shorts, so this is where the Clearance store comes in!

Today I picked up 2 pairs of shorts and the Tempo Running Skirt for only $46 dollars (that includes tax!)  Here is what I got today.


I am a big fan of just having the piping in a color. I think it looks classic it looks good with basically any t-shirt. The shorts are actually not black, but a dark grey/slate color.

These are my favorite color, and I have been waiting for them to go on sale, and today there they were at the clearance store. These are so cute with the dark green and light green piping.


Here is the skort. It is so fabulous. It is made with the same fabric as the shorts, but it has compression shorts built in (the shorts only have the built in panty). It also has the compression top which keeps any elastic from poking your stomach, which is really important if you are out running. This skirt is so cute. I wear it with one of my little brother's polos and it looks awesome, but it would look equally awesome with a t-shirt or cute tank top.  I love that they stayed true to the original design and used the same style of piping as on the shorts.  I will be wearing this skirt very often!

Do y'all love this store and these shorts as much as I do?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment